The #HealthyInOnslow 100-Day Wellness Challenge is designed to help you reach your health goals. Your goals will be determined by you and one of the health experts when you attend the #HealthyInOnslow Participant Event (January 12, 2018 / 8:00am – 12:00pm) at the Onslow Memorial Rehab Center. Physicians from Internal Medicine & Primary Care will be at this event to answer questions for the participants.
- • You must attend the initial kick off screening event on Saturday, January 12, 2019 and do a preliminary health assessment of heart attack/stroke risk, weight, body mass index, body fat percentage, grip strength, flexibility, nutrition (diet), exercise and stress management. The heart attack and stroke risk assessment include a blood pressure check and blood sample from a finger stick to assess cholesterol, triglycerides, and glucose.
- • NOTE: You must fast (nothing to eat or drink, except water – you may take your regular medications) at least eight hours prior to the blood test.
- • You must meet and agree to provide proof of meeting or exceeding at least 7 of the 10 individual goals below at the conclusion of the 100-day challenge.
- • Lose at least 5% of your total body weight
- • Lower your body mass index (BMI)
- • Lower body fat percentage
- • Lower your risk for heart attack and stroke as evidenced by blood sample
- • Improve your blood pressure and heart rate
- • Improve grip strength
- • Improve flexibility
- • Improve knowledge of and adherence to a healthier diet as indicated by self-assessment
- • Improve knowledge of and adherence to a healthier exercise regimen as indicated by self-assessment
- • Improve stress management as indicated by self-assessment
- • You must attend the final screening event soon after the 100-day challenge ends – date to be determined
- • Calorie plan with recipes
- • Weekly emails with health, nutrition, and exercise tips and recipes
- • Information via Facebook and Instagram
- • Health advice from Onslow Memorial Rehab Center and Onslow County Health Department
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
All Onslow County residents who are 18 years or older, with no physical or medical restrictions. Onslow Memorial Hospital recommends the supervision of a medical professional before changing or modifying your diet or exercise plan.
The following conditions will disqualify a participant from winning cash prizes:
- • A Body Mass Index (BMI) under 18.5 (the Challenge promotes weight loss to a healthy BMI range of 18.5-25.0)
- • Pregnancy during the Challenge
Those who meet their goal/goals requirements will win $100 and so much more.
A healthier you!
Please read all Challenge rules and requirements prior to joining the challenge
HealthyInOnslow registration begins Wednesday, December 12, 2018.
The Wellness Challenge Begins Saturday, January 12, 2019
Stay in touch and stay motivated! Watch your emails and follow us on our #HealthyInOnslow Facebook and Instagram accounts for opportunities to post photos and share your journey.
Printable version here